Hello, 2022! Goodbye, 2021!

 



Thank you 2021 for the experiences, for the lessons, for the ups and downs, for the tears and joy, cries and laughs.    


I had so many wonderful moments in 2021. Yet, i had the  greatest lost when my grandpa passed away on 15th of July. That was the most heartbreaking moment of the year. May Allah blesses his soul immensely and grant him Jannatul Firdaus. Aamiin.


I have spent most of 2021 at home with mom and families since i fled Jakarta in July 2020 due to the pandemic. That was so wonderful. But in the mid of October, I should fly back to Jakarta and living my life again as "perantau" and "anak kos". Leaving mom alone was the hardest part. I just can't but i should. May Allah always protect her. Aamiin.


Now, we're entering 2022. I am so excited as usual. Excited to try new things, to read new books, to watch new movies, to try new food i never have before.


By the way, i did not celebrate new year as many people did, BBQ, light the fireworks etc. I was sitting at my room and reading.


I had a plan to go to cinema to rewatch No Way Home, but I didnt make it. So at the Friday evening, I went to food stall and had my dinner with ketoprak and teh botol. Then I walked to Pondok Indah Plaza and went to Ranch Market but bought nothing.


I decided to go to PIM 1 and went to Gramedia store with high hopes there would be new year sale and i was going to buy Goblet of Fire. But unfortunately, no sale! 


I went to Guardian, Hero, but again, bought nothing. Then I was at Watson (PIM 2), bought nothing again and i went to PIM 3 for the first time. At PIM 3, i visited its rooftop garden. That was so cool! I would love to go back. 


I was at the garden which be named LoT (Love on Top) around 15 minutes and decided to back home. 






PIM 3

I love my own companionship. Strolled around alone and seeing people with their loved ones, without talked to anyone. 


When people started counting down, i was at my room, finishing my last book for 2021. Then i heard the fireworks lighten up the sky. Here's to the amazing, wonderful, abundance, prosperous, full of happiness new year!


Happy New Year!!!!!


Last meals in 2021: Ketoprak

First meals in 2022: Kembang Tahu and Bubur Ayam. Nyammiiii

Comments

Popular Posts